5 Follower

The Heavens Rise
Christopher Rice
The Troop
Nick Cutter
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, # 1)
J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré
The Reapers Are the Angels
Alden Bell
Red Rising
Pierce Brown

Chaos Bound

Chaos Bound - Rebekah Turner I have to say this was a really cool dark paranormal / urban fantasy novel, well written, with an interesting intricate world, numerous interesting characters and a captivating story in the style of Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels series.

Our MC Lora Blackgoat is a mercenary in a world full of magic and supernatural beings. I haven’t read the prequel in this series, so I was at times quite overwhelmed by the entire paranormal personage but in the course of the story a lot of mysteries cleared up, were explained or simply didn’t matter too much. There are a lot of characters and sub characters, supernatural species, official and secret orders, and they make up a bizarre and intriguing world, which is full of possibilities.

I liked Lora a lot; she has a deep, well rounded personality, and is snarky enough to make it entertaining. Lora is an eccentric heroine with flaws. She's not the friendliest character but she is smart, loyal and brave. She might wobble on her path but she won't fall down.

This series is definitely worth a read.

With thanks to netgalley for providing me with a copy.